Thursday 2 February 2012

The Devil's work is never competely done


Just time for a few unrelated bits and pieces this week, as I'll shortly be off to the SFX Weekender in Prestatyn, where I'll be sitting on a panel or two, and signing anything anyone cares to put in front of me.

First of all, we are slowly but surely moving up through the gears with our sequel to THE DEVIL’S ROCK. The above shot was taken in my living room last week, where I spent a couple of days with director Paul Campion (also pictured) as we thrashed out the final storyline for the sequel.

I can't give too much away, but as I said, there'll be more Nazis, more demons and many more grisly deaths.

The image on the right, meanwhile, accompanied a recent American review of the original film - the Wolfman writing on THE WOLFMAN COMETH - who opened his assessment in that pleasingly straight-to-the-point American way, with:

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! How can anyone, ANYONE, see this poster and not want to fucking see it? THIS LOOKS INSANE. Lady with sharp teeth. Nazis. Not much clothing. Blood. Brass knuckle/stabby knife combo thingy. The word 'DEVIL' in the title. I had to fucking see it!"

Yep, that's pretty much the kind of enthusiasm we'll be seeking to evoke with the second film. Meanwhile, in another review, Rob Morrish, columnist at legendary US horror mag, CEMETERY DANCE, has now given us his views regarding KING DEATH, and most generous he is in them.

Writing about the book on his TWILIGHT RIDGE blog, he describes the tale as "a picture-perfect period piece of historical horror set during the time of Europe’s Black Plague", adding that it is "both atmospheric and authentic, a rewarding exercise in medieval madness".


Still on the subject of KING DEATH, I've now received a copy of the cover for Paula Guran's YEAR'S BEST DARK FANTASY AND HORROR, 2012, in which it will be appearing.

Check it out left.

As I say, folks, it's just a quick one this week. However, to whet your appetites for future installments, work on TERROR TALES OF THE COTSWOLDS has progressed much more quickly than was anticipated. Definitely watch this space for forthcoming announcements on that project. And shortly before I put this post to bed, I received some very interesting news regarding my back-catalogue of ASH-TREE PRESS books - hopefully I've have more to tell you about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment