Tuesday 29 March 2011

New Abaddon novel and more movie news


It’s certainly been a weekend of developments for forthcoming projects of mine.

The writing business can be a strange game. You market yourself and network constantly. You put feelers out there and send samples of your work on spec and so often you get no response at all, but that doesn’t matter too much so long as you get a response now and then.

Over the last couple of weeks, several positive responses have come my way all in one go. I’m pleased to announce that the first one of these will be a new novel for Abaddon books, which I had commissioned at the end of last week. But before you all start leaping up and down in fits of excitement, I hasten to add that I can’t really say any more about it at this stage: neither its title (mainly because we haven’t agreed on a title yet), nor its premise. Suffice to say this – it’s going to be very dark and very bloodthirsty. There’s going to be action in it (a lot of action) along with monsters and beautiful girls and very evil bad guys and heroes who aren’t much better in all honesty. To catch its mood a little more, I’ve included the above artwork.

(In actual fact, this picture is Savage Landscape by John Powell, which has no official link to my Abaddon novel at all, but by pure chance it does illustrate the sort of place where it’s set rather nicely).

In other news this week, I’ve received some great feedback from the States, where a movie project of mine, which I’ve been working on for a couple of years, has caught the interest of a very active film company. I’m not going to mention names yet, but the project is HEART AND MIND, which is an urban thriller relevant to today’s world, both domestically here in the UK, and internationally (i.e. in warzones everywhere).

The nice thing about this one is that three drafts of the script have already been written and work-shopped at professional level, which always helps a little if you want to walk away from a meeting with that all-important option fee in your back-pocket.

I’ll keep you posted on both these developments. But now for a third piece of news, which is nothing – I repeat, NOTHING to do with either of the above projects, and which is equally NOTHING to do with the picture at the top of this post. And no, I’m not going to say much about this one either – at least not yet. What I will say is watch out for MEDI-EVIL.

Okay, maybe, I’m being a bit stingy with the info this week, but this last project not quite ready yet and I don’t want to spoil things. So just keep looking out for MEDI-EVIL. From the responses I normally get to my stuff, I think this one will please a few people. At least, I’m hopeful it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment